1. Substitute teacher
REPORTS TO / SUPERVISED BY: Director
SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
We are currently searching for a confident and experienced substitute teacher to join our team. If you are a friendly and competent professional with an interest in education, then we’re interested in you. Your duties will include managing classroom activities, and compiling reports and notes for the classroom teacher. Child safeguarding and supervision are the priority..
To excel in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of effective teaching practices that ensure learning is a comfortable and meaningful experience. Our ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with a strong command of the English language.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in teaching is preferred.
Prior work experience:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Adhering to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
- Following procedures and achieving lesson goals.
- Overseeing students outside of the classroom, including the pavilion.
- Complying with all school regulations and policies at all times.
- Taking attendance and documenting daily notes.
- Ensuring the classroom and work stations are kept clean and orderly.
- Overseeing the normal classroom rhythms and activities.
- Compiling a report for the teacher for when they return.
- 7:40am-4pm Monday to Thursday, Friday 7:40am- 1pm.
Thank you for your interest in working at ISK.
ISK has hired an incredible team for 2022-23. We look forward to welcoming our new members in August. As with all International Schools, ISK will open recruitment for the 2023-24 school year in October and November 2022. We look forward to hearing from you.
To inquire about a position, please send your resume to:
For all teaching positions, the minimum requirements are:
- Bachelors Degree
- Teaching certification
- 3 years experience